Social Welfare is a component of the Social Development Directorate established alongside other components such as Community Development and Women Development.
“The Vision is to create a caring and integrated system of Social Services and capacity building that facilitate human development and promotes individual’s wellbeing”.
“The Mission is to ensure the provision of integrated and quality Social Services such as relief of distress – material and financial support for the poor, vulnerable, needy and provision of enabling environment for social progress”.
MANDATE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Coordination of Local and Inter-State Social Welfare activities;
- Conduct of research and surveys in various aspects of Social Welfare;
- Training of professional social workers and the organization and coordination of training facilities for government and non-governmental social welfare agencies;
- International Casework and adoption enquiries;
- Promote legislation on issues affecting Social Welfare in Kaduna state
- Conduct research on national matters affecting Social Welfare
- Relate with Social Welfare organizations at National and International levels.
- Crime prevention and reduction of social vices
- Care and support of all vulnerable groups ( Destitute, the indigent, the sick and their families)\
- Provide probation and Counselling services
- Family conflict resolution management
- Care and support for Persons Living With Aids (PLWA)
- Participation in State, National, Regional and International conferences and seminars on Social Welfare matters